Sony ES Review for sale !

Actual or upcoming sales and/or trading - for Knobbers only !

Sony ES Review for sale !

Postby Axel » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:32 pm

While rearranging my lofty palace I found I still had doubles in my ES Review collection, and more than I thought !

ES Review was Sony's own corporate, internal, magazine documenting the activities of the company, describing new products and technologies, who was doing what and why.
The ES Review was ONLY distributed in Sony's JP headquarters and nowhere else.

ES Review was published three to four times per year and was replaced by the DIGIC equivalent in 1986/87 ; the latter, beefier, was published until Sony went online in 1997.
I also have the entire DIGIC collection (1 > 41) and good luck finding the online DIGIC fifteen years later - good old paper has unequivocal and definitive advantages !
I bought many ES Review sets at very high prices between 2005 and 2010 to gather a complete collection (4 > 63), supplements and cute (but unpractical) original red or blue binders included.
ES Review issues are now unfindable and I still miss the first three issues, seen only once in 2010 and ending at about 100€ apiece - will never see those again for sure.

If Yamaha and Aurex did such efforts as well [Yamaha beautifully but very briefly ("Apex" ; 1979-1981) and Aurex with fairly uninteresting content despite its "Joy" title (1973-1978)], Sony is the only brand to have not only done this but also for so long and well enough so these issues remain today proper documents of the brand's activity (and going way over the sanitized corporate whatevers one can nowadays read online).

So, up for grabs are issues #9 /10 /12 /13 /14 /15 /16 /20 /22 (lot n°1 ; covers 1972 to 1976),
and 14+15 (lot n°2 ; 1973/74).
All in excellent shape ; 46 page per issue, 26 x 18cm in size.
Name your price (within reason) and they are yours. Or they'll end up on the german eBay and will be pricier.

[ctrl+click, open in new window to see entirely and in full-size]

Axel
Founders

Return to Knobbers' sales