Sony RK-56 ICs and other accessories... (plus manuals)

Sony RK-56 ICs and other accessories... (plus manuals)

Postby doomlord_uk » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Knobber's Sales has been shut down (?) - I can't post there - but wanted to ask here if anyone has any original Sony RK-56 interconnects. I presume they aren't rare, but equally I assume plenty have disappeared over the years, especially as the hifi industry went up its own arse with fancy "high end" cables and the normal ones got put aside.... or lost in basements and garages or, frankly, binned :(

I'd like to get together a half dozen pairs of these if I can, if that's not crazy talk, but I'll take all I can get.

I'm also interested in acquiring any other original Sony accessories, like cleaning cloths, that would have come with their original 60s components. Most of all, anyone who has a bottle of OL-1K or OL-2K oil should think kindly of me. Were there any other OK-xK oils?

Finally, I'm after original user manuals for TA-1120/A amps, the TA-4300/F, TA-3120/A/F and the VC-8E (if there were any?). Long shot but wanted to ask :) Oddly, service manuals seem far easier to come by...
doomlord_uk

Re: Sony RK-56 ICs and other accessories... (plus manuals)

Postby Axel » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 am

For all this, Japan would probably be the only place.
VC-8E are still findable (but good luck retipping or finding a spare "head") ; the rest not really nowadays.

I've only seen once a huge roll of RK-900 (yes : ESPRIT cables !) a few years back but all this is now fairly quite very much impossible to find.
Or maybe not, but it'll take you days and months of daily roaming through the JP Yahoo, in sub-sub-categories you wouldn't even dream existed.

OL-2K is the code name of the mat that came with the PS-8750 /6750 and TTS-8000 /6000 ; the exact content or composition of the oil itself, however, remains a mystery...
Axel
Founders

Re: Sony RK-56 ICs and other accessories... (plus manuals)

Postby doomlord_uk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

I once saw a roll of RK-900 on Yahoo; pretty sure it was 2008 as I was in Japan that summer (and was trawling Yahoo daily dreaming of buying stuff to ship back to the UK...).

What about the RK-56 interconnect? There must have been plenty made, originally at least?

I have just bought a NOS Sony TT that includes some OL-2K oil :) The TT I will sell on, but the oil I will keep! I also know a collector who has some OL-1K (used with the TC-660MD R2R). Baby steps...
doomlord_uk

Return to Sony all the rest