So I finally bought some proper Sony APMs =)

Re: So I finally bought some proper Sony APMs =)

Postby doomlord_uk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi Romain, thanks for replying. That was your seventh post? I feel honoured :)

It's encouraging to hear they are as they should be. Setup isn't perfect where they are, but that's temporary. Still have to sort a good amp out. Just negotiated on some Pioneer Elite units but they won't arrive till early next year ...but that's another story. I will probably either get my PM-64 serviced or stretch to buying that PM-95 I mentioned. It's really darn awkward having all these speakers and no amp lol...

Speaking of servicing, you mention the filter needs restoring - I take it I have to remove that via the front by removing the bass drivers first. Then is it just a case of re-capping them, or what else do I need to do? Can I test them first to see if they actually do need restoring? As a collector I do prefer to keep things in original condition where possible, but of course there's little value in maintaining faulty parts obviously!
doomlord_uk

Postby lukas » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Have you checked the polarity of the loudspeaker cables? Sorry, if I ask the obvious but it is a common mistake and happens easiely when using cables which are not marked properly.

Lukas
lukas
Knobber

Postby doomlord_uk » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Good question! I've since removed the cables since as I was just borrowing the amp I used, but maybe that was it... not a mistake I normally make though lol. I'm really going to have to wait until I get hold of a decent amp, which might be a while...
doomlord_uk

Previous

Return to Speakers