Vintage Marantz CD63B player 1982 grey.

1982 - 1984 CD players

Vintage Marantz CD63B player 1982 grey.

Postby troutmaster » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi,i have a Marantz CD63B Player for sale that was built in japan and would appreciate any input from the readers.It is in the Grey colour and is still working and still giving off a really great sound for an item of it's age,naturally it is looking a little bit grubby,but no marks or scratches on the unit but in my younger days i stuck a badge from the accoustic research on the front but it can be carefully removed,but any information on what kind of price i should be looking at would be greatfully appreciated.I have no worries about keeping the CD63B but i would not like it to go to waste just stuck in some cupboard when someone that appreciates vintage audio players would get to hear what it is capapble of,the unit is still in it's rack system along with a Musical Fidelity A3 pre amp+ 2 150 power amps and a linn sondek LP12+ITTOK+Linn Audikt Cartridge.Thankyou for any advise will be welcomed.
troutmaster

Re: Vintage Marantz CD63B player 1982 grey.

Postby Axel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 pm

troutmaster,
You mean you have the grey original (like a CD100, as shown here : http://www.thevintageknob.org/marantz-CD-63B.html) and not the later black one (like a CD101) ?
Please post images if you can !!
Axel
Founders

Postby troutmaster » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Thankyou for your post,i will ask my son to post some photo's for you,i'm not that in touch about posting photo's.Yes it is the original grey one,it's the one without the little silver disk on the pop up lid,i had a look on the rear and it is the original grey cd63b,the one you are looking at has the siver disk on the pop up.It has the graph on the top of the player.Sorry,it's my fault the player is actually black and it says was built in holland but is still the 63B model,please accept my appologies it's my bloody eyesight that wants checked.
troutmaster

Postby Axel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:16 pm

No problem trout - I had my doubts about the pre-production sample being available all of a sudden :)

The image uploading system here is in trouble for some unknown reason - send it to me direct and I'll post it for you.
Axel
Founders

Return to DAD