Hi All newbie here...

Anything from films to mowing engines if you wish.

Hi All newbie here...

Postby Gerry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Just thought I'd say Hi as I've just registered.
I really like the
idea of a forum for classic audio, in particular Japanese
Direct
Drive TTs of which I'm a great fan.
Much of my kit is vintage. I did
visit the original Vintage Knob site for
info as well as to drool
over the gear!

I've had a look at the new site, but find it very
very hard to navigate around;
rolling over images etc is not great.
Sorry just an observation.
Anyway looking forward to some chat, and
if I can help in any way let me
know.
Best wishes to all and thank
you Axel.
Regards
Gerry
Gerry

Re: Hi All newbie here...

Postby Axel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Hello Gerry !

TVK v2 still is a beta, and very much so : there is plenty missing and many functions haven't been fine-tuned or even implemented yet.

There are however four ways to navigate now : the Map, the Search, the Wheel and the Random mode. All four are placed on every page, too.

It is however true the new TVK is made to offer more content on each page than to rapidly scroll through lightweight pages !

I'm sure you'll get used to it, especially when it'll have been fine-tuned and more of the old content will have been transfered and enhanced in amount, size and quality !

cheers
axel
Axel
Founders

Postby NEMOaudio » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:46 pm

....That's the way aha, aha. I like it....

This is what came to my mind when I saw the new three column layout.

It's much better for me, keep it this way.
NEMOaudio

Postby 9WEST » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:16 am

Yo!

Finally, I managed to get a new password from the "system" and here I am...
:D
Introducing to one and only (not!) :shock: crazy collector of 70's to 80's random silverware, Pioneer, Kenwood, Luxman and yes, Sony!
Proud owner of for instance the Sony 1130 with round (not curly) knobs, and a Kenwood KA-7300 with the lettering all wrong...

Anyway, I LOVE TVK, been looking at it for two years now, finding always interesting stuff!
Keep up the good work, Axel, happy to join the (paying) knobbers!

Greetings from Holland!
9WEST

Postby Shaggy_NL » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Hello all!

I've been on TVK some times before. Only since the new layout, I understand the site much more. I think that this already is quite a nice place to check some information and drool on some realy nice audio stuff.

It started when I listened to the Luxman AD-8000 Phono step-up transformer. I heard it with the choice of both 8020 and 8030 transformers. After that, I think that the price for this little device was just a bit too much for its purpose, for me at this time.

I was using the Sony STR-GX80ES receiver, and it can only handle MM cartridges. I was looking for something new. (actually also something not-so-black, like the Sony)

Then I started looking for a Luxman C-02 pre amp then, which have some nice choices for a broad range of cartridges what it can handle. I found one 2 weeks ago and it was what I was looking for. So far, I used the Power-amp part of the GX80ES. A week ago I found a defect M-02 and since yesterday it is repaired (thanks to Johan Ketelaar, a person who has it own audio brand. He designs and builds his own amplifiers, loudspeakers and more... JK Acoustics). He did had a lot of Luxman in his hands in those golden years (70's most) and knows quite well what he's doing.

I already own a Lux PD-272 turntable so my basic set is quite complete now. I also use this with the Sony JA30ES MiniDisc recorder and it quite makes a nice set.

This is about how I got here. Seen the progress that's going on here, I'm happy to follow all this, talk about some vintage stuff and maybe even contribute something, when that needed.
Shaggy_NL
Knobber

Return to The Pub