The ESPRIT get together

Anything from films to mowing engines if you wish.

The ESPRIT get together

Postby stchedro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:59 am

Various of us have been musing about organising an ESPRIT day. I am offering to host it in our London offices.

I am currently thinking that early next year would be convenient, say in February.

This would be an event limited to those who a) subscribe to Axel's website b) own ESPRIT, R series or 1 series components. I fear if we open it to Pre-ESPRIT we will be swamped.

I have a full set of ESPRIT and a DAS-R1a (apart from the N901) and am happy to host the event.

Ideally I would like to get some R or 1 series components. A nice relatively easy one (I hope) would be to get a DAS-R1 to compare with the R1a that I already have.

As our offices have multiple areas we would be able to set up more than one rig and it would be good to have another set of high end speakers that are multi ampable so that we can use the D900 and two-four sets of power amps!

We will have 240, 120 and 100V supplies onsite but all connections to the 120 & 100V are by commando type connectors.

I know there is a fair amount of R & 1 series around in London, can anyone contribute to the event by bringing some prized SONY with them.

BTW I am not expecting SONY speakers but they would be nice as not many of us have had the chance to listen to them at length recently.
TA-E900, TA-E88, TA-E901, TA-N900, TA-N902, TA-N7, TA-D900, SE-P900, DAS-R1a, Sonus Faber GPII
Looking for a spare TA-N902 now and maybe some R1, R10 gear...one day.....
stchedro
Knobber

Re: The ESPRIT get together

Postby thedevilin » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:19 am

count me in, i have the CDP R3 (the one MPD had, he sold it to me)
thedevilin
Knobber

Postby mpd » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Me to count me in, I can only bring cdp r1a and das r1a....unless I can get my hands on something else :-)
Last edited by mpd on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpd
Knobber

Postby thedevilin » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:48 pm

hey mpd,

i will bring along your r1 box - always good to have original packing :D
thedevilin
Knobber

Postby Stoffie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:17 am

Cool, count me in! Just need to know the actual date well enough in advance so I can get time off from work and get tickets to the London, hotel and all that. Unless I drove there (do I want to be in London with a car ?), I don't think I could bring anything. My ESPRIT gear is still waiting for my tech to get well enough to get overhauled, so not sure if that would be a safe bet. Bringing a pair of SS-G333ES or APM-77 is no small feat either :D (and they are not multi-ampable as is) Maybe I should ask the shop if I can borrow their pair of APM-4's ? (like that's gonna work)
Stoffie
Knobber

Return to The Pub