Vintage Sony Speakers SS-C460AV

Vintage Sony Speakers SS-C460AV

Postby gordian3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Had to start this over, last one lost when crashed trying to upload images. Will post without the images. :mrgreen:

At 70, I recently became interested in recreating the listening experience of a younger age. To this end I recently acquired a vintage Sony AV speaker system. It is comprised of Towers: SS-C460AV, Max input 270W @ 8 ohms (non clip) Ser#7603804 Assembled in Canada 4-986-495-01. Surrounds: SS-SR9 Max 60W Centre: SS-CN109 Max input 200W. They are in fantasic shape, and should great. Someone must have had them stored in the proper place, as there is no speaker surround rot, everything is solid and clean. Unbelievable.

I could find very little on the web. A couple of other people a few years back asking questions, but no answers. One person said his systems was 12 years old in 2007, so guess they were produced sometime around 1985 give or take a couple of years.

Anyone know what AV system they were a part of? Or were I might obtain specs? I'm listening to them right now, and they are fantastic.

Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

You can view the images here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17001145@N ... hotostream

Update: I received a reply from Sony Canada. They were not much help, but did mention the SS-C460AV tower speakers were released in the Canadian market in the fall of 1997.

Gord
gordian3

Return to Sony speakers