anyone know this?

amps, preamps, filters, receivers etc

anyone know this?

Postby Dalplex » Tue May 17, 2011 2:16 pm

i was laughing while i was reading the last paragraph of C-02's introduction regarding the wiring of C-02.

let us take a look of this, what do you think?

have fun
Dalplex

Re: anyone know this?

Postby Shaggy_NL » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:33 pm

I see that the sidepanels are going all the way to the back and beyond the back-plate. And at the front, there are those side strips.

This is the Lux part of the forum and the last one was a C-02. This looks like a Pre-amp again, so I think this is a Luxman C-05.
Shaggy_NL
Knobber

Postby Unda Maris » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Yes a C-05. The top side of the PCBs looks much better (but as always the top side is for the catalogs, typical Asian mentality).

What a pretender ! On the top side it looks like short/logical signal path, but on the bottom it is pure chaos ...
The Sony TA-E88B and the earlier Sony preamps shows similar philosophy, but not to such an extreme degree !

I wouldn't like to repair/recap/resolder such a piece ... and I insist that even a Yamaha C-I is easier to service ... :mrgreen:
Unda Maris
Knobber

Postby Dalplex » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Pretender? exactly.

one thing i do not follow is the wire from/to potential meter of volume control. not shield, which is brown in picture.
Dalplex

Postby Dalplex » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:19 am

spent some time today to figure out the random pop noise and over current protection of M-05.

it is lately found out that one of the ground wire inside C-05 became dry joint.
Dalplex

Postby Dalplex » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:22 am

can anyone suggest why the designer or hand worker use bare wire to joint the in/out/center of volume potential meter?

it is thick brown/black pair inside the picture.

C-02 and C-120A use shield wire for the same applications.
Dalplex

Postby Dalplex » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:32 pm

okay.

dressed the bare wires with braided shield and ground to earth. huge improvement resisting the noise without biasing the original tone character.

it was slightly under control getting into oscillation once the under cover was removed as these wires are very sensitive.
Dalplex

Return to Luxman components