Yamaha NS-1000M

Yamaha NS-1000M

Postby costellom5 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:34 pm

A month or so ago I bought what I've always thought to be the speakers you need PERIOD
I was not dissapointed at all.They do sound great,and even though I have a not so big room,the imaging is pretty good.The voices sound more lively.
Anyway:I like them a LOT :D
I opened them up and found some rust on the woofers,around the magnets.Some cleaning and some product against the rust and everything shoul be ok.
Once I'll clean them and open them up,I want to change the caps and the connectors.
The connectors I have came from U.S.A. from eBay.The seller gave them to me.He also gave me some Tweeter "protectors" bought from the same seller from U.S.A. I believe.
Does those protectors work?Can they damage the tweeters in any way?
I tried to change the connectors but after unscrewing the 2 screws on the connectors board it doesn't come off.Is it glued?Is there a way to change them without ruining anything?
Now regarding the capacitors.
Are all Bi-polar?
There are 3 values:
2x 47uf 50V(found them on DigiKey)
1x 2,7M 160V(is the "M" for microfard-uf-or another capacitance value) :?:
I'm guessing 7x 3,5uf 100V
These are the protectors: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tweeter-protect ... 3a7a92c0e8
These are the connectors: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Gold-Posts- ... 19d5e58671
Foobar
Dacmagic Plus
Sony TA-E80ES
Sony TA-N80ES
Yamaha NS-1000Monitor
costellom5

Re: Yamaha NS-1000M

Postby costellom5 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm

I finally decided to change the connectors.It was a real pain getting them out.I had to desolder everything.I was thinking,now that almost all is apart,can I change the wiring?Nothing fancy.
At a local electronic components store I have found CIARE(pretty known in Italy) OFC cable.I was thinking for the small bits from the connectors to the crossover a 4mm(Ciare CA 0240T) cable,and from the crossover to the speakers 1,5mm(Ciare CA 0215T).What do you think?
The wire going to the speakers is not that important,but the one from connector to xover is pretty thin.
Foobar
Dacmagic Plus
Sony TA-E80ES
Sony TA-N80ES
Yamaha NS-1000Monitor
costellom5

Return to Speakers